Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gray, My New Go-To Neutral

I used to consider gray a gloomy color. I associated it with rain, winter, death, and doctors' offices.    However, in the past year, gray has come to the forefront of my color palette. I think of it differently than I did years ago. I am drawn to the coolness, sophistication, and elegance of this color. It's my "go to" neutral. I love mixing it with blues, tans, camels, whites and even browns.  Here are a few pics to inspire you to think of gray in a whole different light!

House Beautiful, February 2011
I love the mix of soft tans and grays. The block tibetan rug and chevron pillow set a contemporary scene. 

House Beautiful, February 2011
Again another interlocking pattern in the rug, the Kravet stripe panels, and soft skin bedspread make for a great mix. 


 Lofts & Condo's Spring/Summer 2011
Notice the gray wool and silk rug again from Concepts. The brown velvet pillow with camel trim works perfectly.

Lofts & Condo's Spring/Summer 2011
This designer mixed antiques and contemporary very well!