Saturday, October 29, 2011

High Point's Top Ten

I am just now catching my breath after returning from High Point's Furniture Market this past week. Each year I wonder if I will find anything new and exciting. And without fail, I come back inspired and eager for our new products to arrive.  This year, I was specifically thrilled to find several new sources for lighting, rugs, and home accessories. Although most of my photo's are still in the editing stage,  I managed to choose my top ten favorites.  Enjoy.


1. Van Collier's Greek Key Ottoman shown here covered in cow hide. Base available in black, white or custom colors. 


  2. Marble Top Extension Table. What a great conversation piece! You can push it together to compact it into a coffee table or extend it out such that stands as a linear bench.  So functional, so unique, and so sophisticated.  (Each piece spins, as well. Perfectly playful!)

3. Beeline's new Piece Table. Each piece can stand alone or together. We saw a variety of piece tables in different show rooms. I love the classic clean lines of this one.  (This concept is great for homes that need to shift from functional to fancy, depending on if the kids are in bed.)


4. New "Murano-like" Chandelier at an amazing price point of $999. Normally these run around $2500 or higher. I ordered one for our floor, and it should be arriving any day.  Can't wait!

5. Chevron Over Dyed Rugs & Ikat Rugs. Last year the patchwork and solid over dyed rugs made their debut. This year, it is the chevron over dyed. Available in any color. See swatches below.


  

Following the Ikat fabrics from last year, the Ikat rugs debuted this year. I love the multiple blue shades and cream in the rug above.



6. Unusual Art Pieces. I am always looking for art work that can make a room. I love this contemporary piece. I bought it as well as its mate and will hang it in our store above an antique dresser. Or...just maybe... it will end up in my home. 

7. Johnathan Adler made its first appearance at High Point this year. I was thrilled to see the collection, as I have always loved his style. The products and price points are reasonable, and I decided to pick up the line for Eatman's as a dealer. This means we will have the line for you to see in person and purchase at the same price as online or in an Adler store.

8. Gilded Mirror. I am always looking for good mirrors. This seems like a basic mirror that would be easy to find, but it is not. The finish is perfection, and it can go either traditional or contemporary. Very versatile, I see it in a bathroom, a bedroom or a foyer.  Very elegant.

9. Mary MacDonald Table Lamps.   This was one of my favorite finds this year. Available in peach, cream, and soft pale pink. I love the pink and, of course, purchased it for the showroom. It will be a few months before it arrives, but I will be sure to let you know when it gets here. 

10. John Rosselli's New Chandelier. Absolutely love it, and it will be heading our way sometime early next year.

Stay tuned for more photos to come. As merchandise arrives, we will post on Facebook and Twitter.  

My next blog will be on the debut of the Van Collier Collection at High Point this year. I am so proud and excited for my dear friends, Beth and Chris Collier. Their talent is amazing and I can't wait to see the growth of their business over the next several years.