Monday, January 16, 2012

A Touch of Green

Elle Decor 2011

My friend Hattie, hates the color green. She doesn't like any shade of green. From chartreuse lime to a rich velvet olive, it just puts her in a bad mood. But for me, it is the perfect color. It breathes life into a room, just like fresh cut grass brings that perfect manicured lawn alive. In my opinion, every room needs a touch of green.  It reminds me there is life outside. During these cold January days, we all need that reminder. Life (and spring) are just around the corner.


The fresh green hydrangea's make the room complete.
I love this green velvet sofa. Lively and rich, it pops against the red walls.
Architectural Digest, June 2011
 White walls and green drapes - very natural. 

Elle Decor, May 2011
I adore these custom green shades, perfect punch to the room. 

The wing chairs in green and white chevron fabric liven up this small room.